Friday 06 September
Piazza San Francesco
Friday 06 September h.19.00
Piazza San Francesco
Who cares? Ecologia del dialogo is a co-creation project in which four young choreographers and two musicians make their meeting the starting point for the construction of a performance that revolves around the theme of the Anthropocene. Languages, bodies, universes confront each other, giving life to a new community: the transmission of personal diversity of each of its components, from an accessory, instrumental fact, preparatory to the staging, becomes central, making the collective creative journey a paradigmatic laboratory of the possible symbolic actions in the face of the epochal uncertainties faced by man in the renegotiation of his role in the ecosystem. In the uncertain frontier between methods, cultures, symbolic apparatuses, the strong point of a new collective entity is set, which is not defined within given boundaries, but in the comparison around common borders.
On the stage an imaginary territory of the Mediterranean takes shape, a geography beyond any possible toponymy and ethnography, which brings with it the architecture and traditions of Lebanon, Italy and Spain. In this land of encounters the only bargaining chip is the dialogue between bodies, engaged in the creation of a vocabulary, dancing, playing, made up of gestures and actions, joints and conflicts to answer the question Who cares?.
If I ask you: Who cares about environmental disasters, community, culture, politics?
Today he is a dancer and teacher specialized in Contemporary Dance, Caribbean rhythms and Nicaraguan folklore.
Currently Yeinner Chicas continues simultaneously as a producer and promoter of the scenic arts in Nicaragua developing festivals and other parallel activities in order to create greater expansion of these in the Central American region.
- Created and performed
- Bassam Abou Diab, Yeinner Chicas, Olimpia Fortuni, Leonardo Maietto
- Original music
- Ayman Sharaf El Dine, Stefano Zazzera
- Project by
- Matera Capitale Europea della cultura 2019
- "Petrolio - uomo e natura nell'era dell'Antropocene"
- Fondazione Matera - Basilicata 2019 and Associazione Basilicata 1799, with Fondo Etico by BCC Basilicata
- Associazione Cantieri, Associazione Culturale Danza Urbana, Asociación Cultural Las Voces Humanas, Associazione Mosaico Danza, Cooperativa Anghiari Dance Hub, Fondazione Fabbrica Europa, Ravenna Festival, Maqamat Beit El-Raqs, Network Anticorpi XL